Timberline Board of Directors
Connect with the BOD!
Highlights from October's Board of Directors meeting
Meeting Date: October 24, 2018
- Thank you to all who came to Wit and Wine for Timberline! Discussion and review of the evening, and financial outcome to-date. Ideas sprouted for changes to improve upon this year's experience for next year. Fabulous silent auction items are still available! Please see the Front Desk, or visit Timberline's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/timberlinelearningcenter/
- Mentor Team along with Director of Education Emilie Wood recently attended the EC-STEM (Early Childhood Science Technology Engineering and Math) Conference in Boulder. Take-aways included ways to give greater visibility and voice to children, and coding information to potentially incorporate into curriculum
- Welcome to new Teachers Emma, Lauren, and Shannon!
- Welcome TLC parent Amber Brummer as a new Member of the Timberline Board of Directors!
- Discussion about officers and jobs/positions (Fundraising Chair as an addition), and upcoming officer elections in November
Please Join Us for November's BOD Meeting!
Timberline Learning Center
6:00pm, Wednesday November 28, 2018
Childcare and dinner provided.
Please RSVP to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a school for young children from ages 6 weeks to 6 years. Our approach is Reggio Emilia inspired. The following principles guide our approach and curriculum: The child is an active, strong, competent collaborator in the evolution of their learning. The teacher is a guide, rather than an instructor, who observes, questions, researches, documents, reflects, and interprets. The classroom is a teacher unto itself! The relationships that develop between the children, their families, and the teachers create opportunity for growth, reflection, and support. Long-term projects are at the core of our program, using the children’s interests, and the teacher’s observations, as the guide.